See an Earwax Removal Professional at Any of Our Locations
Are your ears feeling stuffy, but you don’t have a cold?
Do voices sound far away or muffled, but you’re not having an allergy attack?
The problem could be too much earwax.
Although cerumen (earwax) production is natural, earwax can build up and block the ear canal over time, leading to the stuffiness and muffled sounds you’re experiencing.
Earwax can become a particularly aggravating problem for hearing aid users because hearing aid insertion can push the wax deeper into the ear canal and/or block it from coming out on its own. Your best, safest, and most effective solution for dealing with built-up or impacted earwax is professional earwax removal.
Where can I find professional earwax removal near me?
The Hearing Aid Source Toronto and Scarborough clinics offer safe, professional earwax removal so that our customers who wear or don’t wear hearing aids can get the much-needed relief they need.
What Happens During an Earwax Removal Procedure?
Symptoms of Built-up or Impacted Earwax
- Stuffy ears
- Ringing or buzzing sounds (tinnitus)
- Muffled voices and sounds
- Poor hearing aid performance
- Balance issues
- Itchiness/irritation in your ears
4 Common Myths and Facts
Home Earwax Removal:
Do’s and Don’ts
- Use 2-3 drops of olive or mineral oil for each ear.
- Lie sideways for about five minutes to allow the oil to soften the wax. Allow it to work its way to the outer ear canal.
- Wipe away earwax and excess oil from the outside of your ear.
- Repeat this treatment for up to four days or until you can see a professional.
- Use cotton swabs and other objects that can damage the ear canal or eardrum.
- Use earwax candles that also run a high risk of causing damage to your ears and don’t work.
- Use OTC earwax removal formulas, which may not be the right match to the pH of your ears, leading to dryness and irritation or an increased production of earwax.
When to See a Professional
Professional Earwax Removal by Hearing Aid Source
- Case History. A discussion of how the symptoms you’re experiencing are affecting your daily life as well as ask questions about your lifestyle, vocation, medical history and other circumstances that might be related with excessive earwax production.
- Physical Inspection of Your Ears. Our examination of your ears helps determine the severity of your earwax problem and then plan the best strategy for removal.
- Earwax Removal. We can see what we’re doing from our vantage point, and our earwax removal professionals use proven techniques to remove earwax and provide ongoing solutions for controlling excessive earwax.
- The most common technique we use involves flushing out your ears with warm water, suction using a bulb syringe and curettes to extract particularly stubborn deposits. We’ll safely remove earwax with the least amount of discomfort and any risk of damaging your ear canal and/or eardrum.
Schedule an Earwax Removal Appointment
If you’re experiencing the pain, irritation and frustration associated with impacted earwax, then you already know how it can interrupt your daily routine. Your safest and most effective solution for getting your ears back to normal is by scheduling an earwax removal appointment at Hearing Aid Source.
To take advantage of safe and effective earwax removal and earwax management at either our Scarborough or Toronto clinic, submit the adjacent form and a member of our team will contact you to schedule an earwax removal appointment.
"*" indicates required fields